A cookie is a file downloaded on your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow web pages, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way the equipment is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
– Technical cookies: Those allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services available, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to restricted access sections, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the video or audio streaming or share content on social networks.
– Personalization cookies: Those allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the user accesses the service, etc.
– Analysis cookies: Those allow the person in charge of them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to elaborate navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the service users’ usage data.
– Advertising cookies: Those allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency of ads display.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: Those allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
How to block or delete cookies installed on your computer
If you prefer not to enable cookies, you can block or delete them in your browser:
– how to manage cookies in Google Chrome
– how to manage cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
– how to manage cookies in Mozilla FireFox
– how to manage cookies in Apple Safari